BE STILL
AND KNOW I AM GOD
Psalm 46 and 63
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! The Lord of hosts is with us;
The God of Jacob is our refuge." (Psalm 46:10-11)
"You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."
(Psalm 63:1-3)
Can we, do you declare this with David,“You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you” (v. 1). Do you seek God with all of your heart, or are you like I used to be, and just half heartedly try and follow Him? David here praises God because His “love is better than life” (v. 3). David proclaims that his satifaction is not in what can be held in his hands or mine, but rather it is in God who can be known. David valued the time he could spend with God even more that God even more than going to the fansyist restarunts and eating the finist of foods. He says this, “I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you” (v. 5). He speaks as one who is hungry and thirsty with a longing desire to cling to and hold on to his relationship with God. willing to pursue it with all of his heart out of love and commitment to his Lord God. I see that Psalm 63 reminds me that my relationship woth God should grow out of the quiet and the still times I spend in His presence.
It has been a number of years now since I found that quiet place and time with God, our house is very quit in the early hours of the morning, my alarm is set for 6AM, I rise and sit at my desk and spend time with my God. I read His word and contimplate what it says to me.. I ponder it, and write our my thoughts in relation to my relationship woth Him. I have been so greatful to God, for helping me find this quiet time it talks of in Psalm 46:10, one of my favorite verses in the Bible, it says,"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
Just as I had to find the time and place that was right for me, we each, if we are serious about our relationship with God, need to find that place. It is very important in getting to know your God more fully? We do not have to wait for sleepless nights, restless and periless times We can palan it and make a point of doing it, satisfying our desires to be closer to Him. Although when I do have a time in the middle of the night that I can't sleep, I am finding now that God has a reason for it, and often will bring the names of those who need prayer in that moment. It is then, I have the priviledge of standing in the gap for those who may be struggling in that moment.
Jesus is our example in planning a quiet time though The ible tells us, Jesus left His company, (those He was with) His companions, disciples to spend time talking alone with His Father, if Jesus needed too, do we not need to ass well? Read (Mark 1:35).
The Scriptures say, “Be still, and know that I am God” (Psalm 46:10). And David’s poetry often reveals how he sought out an intimate relationship with God to praise Him for who He is (63:1-8). I have also found out how important it is. If we are serious about following and obeying god, we need to know Him in an intimit way. We live is a busy and loud world with things to do and happening around us all the time, there are so many distraction, and the noise takes out attention away from God, if we are not pro active in our relationship with Him. That is why I had to find a quoet time and place to come into the very presence of God and wait on Him and worship at His feet. Friends as we actively seek out the quiet moments rarely found in the chaos of family life or buisness life, we will find out that God is there in the stillness of the day.
The scripture tells me that God never sleeps. (Psalm 121:3-4) He’s awake always watching, always listening, ready to spend time with you and with me who desire to spend time with Him, at any point at any time through out the day, that YOU carve out of your day to spen with Him.
Dear God and Heavenly Father, thank you for always having time for me, help me to make time forYou. Jesus, please teach me to seek You in the quiet place, in my closet, or on the side of the mountain, or under a tree. where ever I find is a quiet place I know you will be there. Please help me to rest and bask in your glory, put aside all other distractions, putting you first, filling my mind with you and your buiness praising You for who you are and for what you have done in turning my life around I thank you and praise you from the depths of my heart AMEN.
Comments
Post a Comment