A Follower Of Christ
What Do I Mean
When I say l am a follower of Christ
I'm not saying I am now perfect
I'm admitting that I need help in life
That's why I try follow His steps
When I say I am a follower of Christ
I not saying I’ve got it all together
I'm saying I need someone as an example
Yes, I need God in my every day life.
When I say I am a Follower of Christ
I'm not saying Im stronger or better
I am saying I am weak and I fall down a lot
I pray He will be my strength to move forward.
When I say l am a follower of Christ
I'm not saying I’ve made it and have succeeded
I am saying I have fallen short over and over again
And cannot ever pay the debt that I owe.
When I say l am a follower of Christ
I am not saying I have learned all things
But rather that I have a long, long way to go
I humbly bow at His feet to learn more and more
When I say l am a follower of Christ
I am saying I need to look in the mirror more
And not just walk away an forget what I saw
Being willing to change the flaws that are there
Believing God is able to make those changes.
When I say l am a follower of Christ
The pain I feel is often deeper than before
My senses keener because of who I now am
I need His comforting arms, to take away that pain.
When I say l am a follower of Christ
I do not need to point fingers at anyone
For I have given away to Him, whatever
Authority I thought I might have, to do so
As a follower of Christ all I need to know is
That I am cared for by the one who cares for me
I'm loved, just as I am, and lovingly encouraged
To do better as I strive to become like the one
I FOLLOW
Comments
Post a Comment