We See Through A Mirror Darkly

OBSCURE VISSION (Proverbs 16:16-25) When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known. (1 Corinthians 13:11-12) Verse 12 says, "For now we see in a mirror dimly" (1 Corinthians 13:12)My understabding is that mirrors in Bible times were made of polished metal, like copper or brass and not from glass as they are today. So their for the reflection in them was somewhat blurry. Paul here in Corinthians is using the mirror to help us understand our human understanding of God and our life on the Earth. Because it is somewhat incomplete and we only see and understand part of it. BUT, the exciting part of this is he goes on to tell us that it will not alwayys be that way, but one day we are going to see things much clearer, because we are going to meet God "face to face" and we are going to see ecerthing just as it truly is, we will then have a complete clear picture. The KJV of the bible says it like thgis, now we see through a glass darkly, our future with God here on earth and in heaven is kind of a mystery, hidden truth, that spiritually we need to pray for wisdom about and do a lot of studying and searching. The mirror is used at different places in the bible as a powerful example to point out human nature, and the truths of the word of God, as to what we can see or not see in relation to our current life here on the earth and of the spiritual realm. RAD: - James 1:22-25: Here it Compares God's word to a mirror. When we only hear the word of God and dont act on it, the bible tells us, it is like looking in a mirror seeing our dirty face and then not going to wash it. Symply walking away and forgetting that it was dirtty. Where if we want to be blessed we need to act on what you see. - 1 Corinthians 13:12: Here God explains, "now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face".Here we see that our present knowledge of God and the future is pretty blurry but when we reach heaven we will see much clearer - 2 Corinthians 3:14-18: Describes a viel that is in the faces of people, but verse 18, talks of that viel being lifted, with "unveiled face, looking, as in a mirror at the glory of the Lord". As we pray and ask for wisdom, God in His all knowing unvoels our faces to as much as we can stand of His glory, in beholding Him, and through that unvieling we as His people are changed into His likeness and we become more like Him as we are transformed more into His image and into His glory. As I write this I realize I must be careful not to think I understand all of this what I am talking about because I don't. But I can explain what I now see.. But it is dangerous to think that I/we can see what’s true and that now because of walking with God for some years that we possess internal clarity about our lives, although, we understand and know ourselves better because of our walk with God, we still have a long way to go. As I seen on a post the other day, we often still suffer from some confusion and we often continue to demonstrate in and through our actions that even our best wisdom—left to itself— brings us more misery than we like to even share. The bible says that “There is a way that appears to be right,” Proverbs says, “but in the end it leads to death” (16:25). We think we have learned and that we know better, only to find out we too at times are still very confused. Even the insight we thought we have gets a little blurred some days. Even our clearest vision, is still looking through dirty glass leneses. Yep, our days often are still cloudy, even when there is a clear sky, things are still imperfect and we do understand we still need the wisdom from the almighty. So my friends, never get to the place where you think that you don't need God’s wisdom (vv. 20-21). We do, we need Him to clean out glasses and show us the truth and to ask Him to guide us along the paths and trails He has already prepared for us. We do need that guidance in the worst of ways, we are still in this human form, not yet, transformed into our spiritual bidies. We need to be daily lead out of danger from our confused minds and into His glorious light, to light our path as we go. PRAY: Father God, show me your ways, please light up my path. Wipe the lenses of my mirror, that I might see the truth of my soul and wipe away the false perception of my confusion God I seek your wisdom and guidance daily because of your all knowing ways. Jesus, I need Your wisdom. Please help me see more clearly into the mirron of my soul, so that I might walk closer to you today. It is in your name I pray AMEN.

Comments