THE CRIES OF THE PEOPLE

God Hears Each One Exodus 2 and 3 So I have come downe to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land,a land flowing with milk and home- to the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivitesh and Jebusites. And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. (Exodus 3:8-9) Each time God hears the cries of His people He rises up s man to rescue them. Back in the time before Christ God called men to rescue them. Just as He worked through Joseph,to preserve a multitude of His people, but at the time of thier exile into Egypt some 400 years before,there was only a few, it had only been seventy in number, plus Joseph and hiss family who were already there. (Exodus 1:5) Then many years later, the bible tells us, “There arose up a new king over Egypt, which knew not Joseph”(v. 8). This new King began to enslave the Hebrews, who were now numerous,and he began to put them into forced labour, by killing all of the male children and keeping the females for his labour purposes. But His plan failed and many of the male children lived because the midwives disobeyed his orders and manu including mses lived.(v. 22). Yes, murderous net failed and Moses Gods planned leader for His people grew into the man God planned Him to be. (2:1-10). As God had used Joseph to establish His people, in Egypy, for forty years, now there were many of them, He was now using Moses to deliver them back out of Egypt. But for Moses to rise up, it would take another forty years, He was now 40 years old. (Acts 7:23), and it took another forty until God called him out of the desert (Acts 7:30). Then once Moses and the people began the journey out of Egypt, it took them another 40 years, before they were allowed to enter the land of Cannan, a land flowing ith milk and honey. It took that long because God had to correct and instruct/train His disobedient people (v. 36; Deuteronomy 2:7; Joshua 5:6). But as always God was faithful to His people then, just as He will be faithful to His people now. God is the same yesterday, today and forever. Yes, if we cry out to Him, He will hear us and hHe will be hear us when we are facing troubles in our lives today. But remember it was His timing back then and it will be His timeing today. God know the right time and place for things to happen. That is right, God does stay close by His people, I know that I am His child, and that during a hard time, or in a tradgity and because God has a record of having integrity and a proven history of being faithful, I know He will be faithul to you and to me today as well. I want you to understand this morning that God's Faithfulness can be counted on today. Throughout history, God used specially called men , like Joseph and ;ike Moses to lead, protect,guide to warn and to rescue His people from the onslote of the enemy that help the Israelites people when they faces many tribulations and struggles> So I want you to know, in your times of tribulations and trubles God will not abandon you if you are one of His children.. If you are born again, God will carry you through. Believe Him, in His promise to stay near to you today. Just ne reminded God is faithful and through the presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives we have a different demention of protection and strength, even more than they had back then, because we have the spirit of God dwelling within us, giving us the strength we need to bear our trials. In this sense, it is not just us, but rather it is the spirit of God in and through us, that is making the stand, but we have to be willing to step up to the plate. I believe a tine is coming, where we too will be desperately crying out to God as the Israelites did, for help because they were being severely mistreated by the Egyptians, who had enslaved them (Exodus 1:11-12). We will be crying out beause we are being mistreated and forced to do things that we do not want to do. It will be things that are against God's principles and ways, the powers that be in our time will once again be ruthless, our lives, who ever is still here at that time will have lives that will be bitter with harsh and illigal demands. (vv. 13-14). The Israelites must have wondered if they’d even survive the cruelty, but they did and so will the faithful one in our day. You see, God heard their cries and raised up Moses to deliver them (3:4-10). Today, I believe God has raised up Christ, and will send Him to the rescue, and one day soon will lead us home to our promised land in HEAVEN. Where we will never more roam. Jesis says I will come again. (John 14:3) So my friends, whether we’re feeling lost or mistreated, remember God is always near and His ear is open to our cries. But also remember Gods timing is not always our timing, He will answer acording to His will, and in His way, and He will send the help we need. His timing is always perfect timing. Father God help me to learn to share my desperate cries for help with You. Help me be;lieve that you have my best interests in mind for me as I have faith in and trust your perfect will for me. For I know that with God all things are possible, within the wrelms of His will. As my loving and Holy God, please help me. I am wak and you are strong, I need you mercty and strength every day, I bring my heart’s cry before your throne today. It is in your name I pray AMEN. to You now.

Comments