Not Eloquent In Speech

Speak Through Me Lord All Things Are Possible With "YOU". (John 6:1-14, Exodus 4:1-14) "Moses said to the Lord, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute?a Who gives them sight or makes them blind?b Is it not I, the Lord?" (Exodus 4:10-11) Moses is a prime example of people in general, we always have an excuse as to why we can't do something the Lord is asking us to do. Mine was the same as Moses, I couldn't speak, I studdered. (vv.10-11) Yet God is able to accomplish His purpose. Just as the gospel of John describes how Jesus took a boys lunch of 5 loaves of bread and two fish and turned it into a banquet for five thousand plus people. There was a very large crowd of people who had been following Jesus for some hours and they were hungry. It was then Jesus asked His disciples, “Where shall we buy bread for these people to eat?” (6:5). They tell Him, there is a boy here who prepared for the day, He has a lunch, just enough for himself. Jesus said, bring it to me, Jesus blessed the food and ask the disciples to distribute it, (v. 9), and the hungry 5000 plus people were fed and there was leftovers (vv. 10-13), and Gods name was glorified that day (v. 14). If God calls you to do something, there is nothing that you cannot do. God will qualify you for as long as He needs to. Yes, even today, we can ask God to use us to accomplish His purposes, and He will help us do it. I can give testimony of that. Look at what God tells Moses, Moses had said, He could not speak, and God said, just go and I will speak through you. After all, He says, I am the one who made you and gave you speech in the first place, can I not help you speak. My issue was something simalar, from a young age I began to studder, and couldn't get two words out without one word running into the other, but in my early teens, I felt God's call to ministry of some kind, but I felt I did not qualify, so I put it asside to a degree. But decided to go to Bible School, and at least get a bible knowledge so I could be of some use in the local church. Well, God took my willingness to be obedient in this small thing, and tested it, to see if I would be willing to do bigger things and at the begining I was soooooo scared. God asked me to GO to Mexico for a two week mission trip, during my Christmas break from Bible School. I said yes, and God provided a way for it to happen. That was just a taste of what God was able to do in my life. HE had so much more to give me if I was willing to recieve it. When God tells you, He will never leave you nor forsake you, He keeps His promises, I have never went anywhere God called me to GO alone. He has always gone before me. Let me give you some verses. (Deuteronomy 31:8)"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged". (Exodus 13:21) "By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night". (Joshua 1:9) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go". This I have found to be so very true. God is a promise keeper. God has called us, I say us, because everything God called us to do, my wife has been by myside, and up until our children were old enough to leave home, they too were along side in everything we did. I want to say a huge thank you, to my wife and to my children, for all of the help they have given over the years, so that I was able to do the things God called us to do. My wifre also, answered the call many times, and was willing to do things, she was not trained to do, but God trained her as well. We called it on the job training. Just a few things, God prepared us for. I directed childrens bible camp in the Yukon for 7.5 years, something I had never done before, God prepared the way.I lead and preached at our home church for those 7.5 years as the pastor, God spoke in and through me. God called my wife to be the editor of the Tribal Trails TV Program, for 14 years and He called me to continue directing new camps and became a cordinator of 3 Saskatchewan Bible Camps for 6 years, I was sure it was an impossible task, but God made a way. These things, God qualified us for, as He prepared and called us. God always has something for us to do. We found that the enemy tried to distroy us, but God was more powerful. We had victory over illesses and family tradgities, Then He called us to Rwanda Africa, where we built and lead a sewing school/bible school, my wife teaching the sewing and me teaching the bible, for those in need in Rwanda, giving them a skill, to take care of their families and to make a living. It was so amazing watch God at work through us. I discipled in a church for 4 plus years and seen a good number of church plants begin, over the years we were there. I became known as a preacher/ evangilist, in a number of the churches in our area, even holding Weekend Seminars and such. Me the one that couldn't put two words out without studdering. I don't tell you this to blow my own horn, it was not me, I tell you, God is the one that qualified me to go, all I had to do was be willing to GO. God did the rest. There are many many stories of how God answered prayers and prepared us, for what we faced as missionaries, but I am here today to tell you, God will quailfy you for the job He wants done. At present, I am working with and leading a "Fellowship of Christian Farmes" Chapter in Alberta. We are called, Fellowship of Christian Farmers, Lloydminster/Battle River Chapter. If you want to know more about it and how you could get involved, please contact me. Lord, Jesus, thank you for calling people into your service Thannk you that you can use those who are qualified for a job, but you are not slack in quailfying the unqualified either. I know that with you all things are possible. When you call, you prepare and go before, your servants never need to fear, they will have togo alone. Becuase you promise to go before them. Thank you. It is in Jeus name I pray AMEN.

Comments