HEART PROBLEMS
YOUR HEART HAS TO BE CHANGED
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance,g but the Lord looks at the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7)
Friends listen, as I start this morning, I am speaking to myself as much as I am to anyone else. Often we are too quick to judge others based on outward appearanced and actions. Yes, we measure them on outward appearance We see confidence, we see strength, and yet that tells us nothing about ability or integrity, not until we see them in action. But God on the other hand is able to know and can search deeper into the being of the one being judged. The bible tells me "HE“looks at the heart” of the individual. (v. 7). Because God is the creator of all things, He is able to understand the complete make up, the full story of the one being judged. I believe He is the only one that can make that judgement because He is completely righteous and good. WE need to take note of something Paul says in 1 Corinthians Paul says, He says this, “when the Lord comes,” He’ll “bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of the heart” (1 Corinthians 4:5). So we need to stop this morning and think about our day,when we’re tempted to judge others, we need to give that judgement to God, for He sees the heart and soul of that person and know etter than you.
This also goes for the salvation of an individual. For it deffinitly involves the heart, true faith involves a deep inner change, we change from the inside out. Salvation is an internal belief not just an outward appearance.
Look at (Romans 10:9-10): Salvation is believing in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and confessing Him as Lord brings righteousness and salvation. Salvation is a heart matter.
Proverbs 4:23: We as believers are to guard our hearts because the spiritual heart of a person is the core source of our spiritual life and the physical for that matter. Salvation, and choosing to follow God is the source of our character, it helps us make right or wrong choices, moral choices and other choices as well. Our concience brings true conviction its not just head knowledge, salvation, and right choices depends of the conviction of the Holy Spirit, on the indwelling of Jesus that renews us from the inside. Friends once you have made a comittment to follow Jesus and you are truly born again, and you know that when you die you will be in heaven, because you know God is at work internally and HE is changing your deepest desires,what you once liked to to do, has changes and you want to do what pleases God rather than listening to the devils lies. You see yourself moving away from the pride you once had, and doing wrong does not appeal to you any longer.
When you are truly born again, you will notice a difference and others will see it as well. For the salvation of the heart and soul of a person replaces a system of empty rules or religious performance, your love for others become real rather than pretend or just putting on the face of loving, rather than a fake love, it becomes a genuine love for God and for others and your communion with God becomes sweet, and you desire to spend time with Him. You become concerned, when there is sin in your life. You want to be washed not only on the outward appearance, but also you want to be clean and right before God, which now means your outer actions naturally change when you have a heart salvation.
We must remember always that God is the only judge of who is saved and who is not I have said many times, that when I reach heaven, I will be surpized to see some people there, who I in my humanus thought they may not be. I am so glad, I am not the judge of people eternity, but I can leave that in Gods hands. I am free people free the heavy burden of deciding who is saved or lost. The bible tells us that only God is able to see and know the human heart, only God can see things that are hidden in the closets of the heart. most of my judements can only go as far as I can see, a persons actions, does not always reveal the true heart of the person. We, you and I cannot see inside another person's soul or know the eternal destiny of that individual, or thier true relationship with God.
In John 12:47, Jesus says, I did not come to judge the world at this time, but to save it from the sin it is imprisoned by. We must realize that when we judge someone and determine their eternal state, we are playiing God, and that is not our playing field, we need to steer away from trying to be God when it comes to the salvation of a soul. I know it says, that by thier fruit you shall know them, but that doesn ot give you proof, without a doubt that they are not saved. Only God knows and waters the seeds that have been planted in that life, it is not up to yoou and me to decide that, but it is our job to make sure the seed is planted.
I know how I feel when someone falsely accusses me,when they assume I have done something when I know for a fact I have nnot done it. I also know how easy it is to make an assumption, based on looks, colour of skin, the place someone enters, the words someone speaks, I know I do it all the time, and I know also, I am very likely wrong many times about others and where they are spiritually, based on these outward appearances.
Father God, help me leave the final judgement to you.. But Lord do give me good dicernment in my day to day, that I will be wise in the decissions I make. I thank you for your love and guidance in my day to day life in making good decissions rather than making the wrong ones.
Wise all knowing Heavenly Father, thank you for your forgivness for judging people’s motives when I don’t know the truth about their hearts. Help me to place this judgment into Your hands. It is in your name I pray AMEN.
Comments
Post a Comment