God Requires Us To Give
From The Heart
(2 Corinthians 9:1-15)
Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”(Luke 6:38)
As the writter in the Book of Proverbs writes, He writes refering to people as good or bad, wise ot foolish, honourble or shameful, generous or stingy. Well, generosity is said to be one of those good things. If you are one of those gererous people, you want to benifit others, especially those who’ll follow after you are gone. “A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children” (13:22). There are sone examples of peoples giving in the Proverbs, it say, “One person gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty” (11:24). I beleive God takes our generosity to others personally: For the bible says, “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord” (19:17); see 14:31). We as believers of the word of God see our money as not ours but Gods, given to us to be good stewards of. It is an investment to God’s work and to be used by those God calls rather than a commodity to consume on ones self. God says as you are oebedient to me, I will supply all of your needs. As God supplies our needs, we can choose to live generously toward others.
The key to God's blessings, is not so much in giving as it is in obedience, the bible says over and over again, that in our obedance, God will bless. Fully obeying God brings blessings that overtake you in the city, in the field, and in your daily work.
- Luke 11:28: Jesus says that true happiness and blessing belong to those who hear God's word and obey it.
- Isaiah 1:19: A willing and obedient heart eats the good things of the land.
- James 1:25: Action brings blessing; those who put God's truth into practice find freedom and success in what they do.
Let me explain - Yes, obeying God brings many blessings, of many different kinds. Its not just money or material things, but rather blessings. We will begin to understand God's will for us, and as we obey that will, it will bring into play Gods blessings. We will see Gods favours/answers to prayer more often, we will experience more peace, and notice that God is meeting our needs.
Read, (Deuteronomy 28) when we listen to and do what God commands we will often to receive bountiful rewards in our daily lives, our homes, families and work. We will find as I did, that my inner peace and my joy was full more often when I choose to follow Gods commands which brought a deep sense spiritual peace and fulfillment that I did not experience before as I learned to walk in step with God and His word.. As I studied, my understanding deepened and my personal relationship with Him became stronger. I found that the more I understood and knew His will and obeyed it the clearer God's direction became. I found one of those blessing God promised is answers to prayer, as I walked closer to God God opened and closed doors to hearing and answering my prayers. requests. Friends listen, obedience gives us power in the presence of the Holy Spirit to overcome the temptations the devil throws at us and this allows us to live a life of purpose and design.
Yes, God had a purpose for creating you and me. That intentional purpose was first to know us personally, through loving us and having unbroken fellowship with us. When we live a life in fellowship with God it centers around worship praise and glory to God. God created us, as people to display, praise, and honor His character (Isaiah 43:7). What does that look like,we need to daily offer actions and lives in spiritual actions of worship. We are designed for direct communion (prayer) with God and we are designed to love and to be loved. That relationship was fractured in the Garden of Eden, but God was not pleased with that, so His plan of redemption was to restore it through Jesus Christ. We as Believers are God's handiwork and to be the hands and feet of God, so therefore we are shaped and given a desire to be and to perform good works and service which we do, because of our relationship with Him, out of our love for His great sacrifie. (Ephesians 2:10).
Dear God and Father, I thank you, for creating me for fellowship with you, I love you and have the desire to serve you with all of my heart. Lord I fall short so many times, please forgive me, and help me do those things that are rightous in your eyes, it is in your name I pray AMEN
Comments
Post a Comment