God Of All Comforts
He Wipes OUR Tears
EVEN NOW
1 Thessalonians 4:13–18
"And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.” Revelation 21:3-4
When we experience the grief of loosing a loved one, it should be expected because it is a natural feeling that comes with human loss. Its a necessary way to relieve the pain and it does tske time to heal that paon. It is at most times, when death occures, there comes it a heartache that usually only God can truly heal. God is the HOPE we as believers have that helps us deal with the pain. In 1 Thessalonians 4, we’re instructed not to grieve like “the rest of mankind”—nonbelievers—“who have no hope” (v. 13). Our grief is made more bearable because the Holy Spirit, because of God our Comforter, is not only with us, but is within us wiping away those tears now. (John 14:15-17); and we have the assurance of one day at the return of Christ we will meet our loved ones in the sky. A promise of enjoying eternity with Jesus our Savior. Friends, we have the inside scope of believing in Jesus and we know that this life isn’t all we have, we have more. We have a promise to hang on to, a promise of living for ever in Glory Land, "Heaven". (3:16). So therefore we know loved ones who have gone before who were believers as well, are safe in arms of Jesus, and we can let them go into His care. Knowing that one day we’ll be reunited with them in the place where there will be no more death or grief, no more crying or pain” for Jesus will be there to wipe it all away. (Revelation 21:4).
Friens, I have experienced the comfort that God gives, There is no one that can comfort the way God comforts. In fact, the Bible says He is “the God of all comfort” (2 Corinthians 1:3). This means even now,when we’re discouraged, disappointed, grieving, or dealing with a painful situation of any kind, right now, we can call upon Him, run to His word and we will find strength when we feel weak, we will find healing when we are broken hearted, and the support on a spiritual level is so very hard to explain, its a peace that passes all understanding.
I am telling you today, that the Lord will also often use others people, friends and family to bring that peace and comfort to us, but often it is just His presence. Because these people are close to us and experiencing the same grief we are feeling and cannot give us what we need, like God can, because He knows our every need. So ofte, as I go to God's word in the mornings, God will direct me to the scriptures that will comfort me, it when life seems to be falling apart and God pits His loving arms of the owrd of God around me and brings me peace.
Friends, take time this morning and read these scriputres-
(Hebrews 13:5)- For He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. "5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
(Jeremiah 29:11) - "For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster to give you a future and a hope".
(Isaiah 41:10) Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with My victorious right hand.
(Psalm 3:3) - "But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head."
I pray these verses help lift your spirits today, taking away those discouraged feelings, helping you face what your going through at this time. When your facing something you thing no one else will understand. no one else can understand. But you no at least Person who will always understand, that is your God, He desires to “lift” you up, continuing to breathe into you the breathe of life and hope giving you a reason to go on, He will instrument a healing on your mind, will, emotions and spirit as you trust Him.
Father God thank you, that you are the God of all comforts.
Comments
Post a Comment