This Little Light Of Mine
Light Your Candle, Let It Shine
Matthew 5:13-16, Matthew 28:18-20,
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world.v A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.w 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others,x that they may see your good deedsy and glorifyz your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:13-16)
"This Little Light of Mine" When we say this we are claiming the light personally, saying we have met Jesus and we are going to provide light for others to find the way, and you will light theirs. I used to sing thiss little song as a child at sunday school and then we had a fun time withit around the camp fire as teens as well. Another one we used to sin around the camp fire was called, "Pass It On" or "It Only Takes A Spark". "To get a fire going" was another line. This devotional is speaking about that. My little light is lit, now I just have to let it shine.
This message comes out of Matthew 5 where we are told that Jesus is the light of the world and we are to do like wise. When we sing it, it reminds us as believers we let our light shine by sharing our faith and being kind and good to others. (Matthew 5:14-16) says, "Ye are the light of the world". The song goes like this, "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.""Hide it under a bushel? No! I'm gonna let it shine.""Jesus gave it to me, I'm gonna let it shine.
Yes, many times in the bible we find the command to go and let our light shine, one of the famous ones is at the end of Matthew in Chapter 28:18-20) where Matthew says we are to go into all the world and preach the gospel", or in other words, let our little light shine. This song is all about your actions focusing on doing good deeds, sharing God's truth, and living a life that honors God.Here in Matthew Jesus says we as believers are to be a light in a dark wirld. It goes on to say, that "A town on a hill cannot be hidden". Let your light shine so others see your good deeds and praise God". Later in
- (Philippians 2:14-15): It says, "Do everything without arguing or complaining. Then you will shine like stars in a dark world.
- (Ephesians 5:8): You used to live in the dark. Now you belong to the Lord. Live as children of the light.
- (John 8:12): Jesus says He is the light of the world. People who follow Him will never walk in the dark. They will have the light of life.
- (2 Corinthians 4:6): God made light shine out of the dark. He also shined in our hearts. He helps us know His glory through Jesus Christ.
- (Psalm 119:105): God's word is a lamp for our feet. It is a light on our path.
The scriptures are full of verses to do with the light of Jesus given to light up snd forgive the dark sins of the world, and bring a new life and a new light into peolles dreary worlds
The little Song goes like this
Enjoy
"This Little Light of Mine
This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
This little light of mine,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I’m gonna let it shine.
Hide it under a bushel? NO!
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Don’t let anyone blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Don’t let anyone blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Everywhere I go,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Everywhere I go,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
All around the world,
I’m gonna let it shine.
All around the world,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Jesus gave it to me,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Jesus gave it to me,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
Won’t let Satan blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Won’t let Satan blow it out,
I’m gonna let it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
This little light of [name],
God’s gonna help it shine.
This little light of [name],
God’s gonna help it shine.
Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine.
You get the idea, there is nothing absalutly nothing that should or can take our light away, when we have committed to following Jesus in our new life in Christ. He has lit the light and nothing ever can put it out.
Father God, help my little light shine, shine, shine.. AMEN
Comments
Post a Comment