Ministering Spirits

Guardian Angels Hebrews 1:1-14 "They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment; Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail.” But to which of the angels has He ever said: “Sit at My right hand, Till I make Your enemies Your footstool”? Are they not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?" (Hebrews 1:11-14) Let me start out with this, in Hebrews Hebrews it tells me, angels are ministering spirits that were sent by God to serve those who will believe in the Lord Jesus Cbrist and be saved (1:14). God in the beginning created them to worship and praise Him, (v. 6) and He created man to have frllowship with Him as well. (1 Corinthians 1:9) — "God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. (Genesis 3:8) — We find it early in the scriptures in (Genesis 3:8) that God was in fellowship with Adam and Eve as He walk with them and talked with them in the garden in the cool of the day. (1 John 1:3) — "That which we have seen and heard we proclaim also to you, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. (Revelation 3:20) — "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me." But the angels were also created to be ministering spirits to come and serve (Revelation 1:1), and to protect His people (Psalm 68:17). 2 Kings 6, paints a splended picture of what it looks like in the spiritual realm as the Arameanian army surrounded the Israelites, the prophet Elisha said to his servant, “Don’t be afraid . . . . Those who are with us are more than those who are with them” (v. 16). After which God opened his eyes and as he looked out across the hills, he “saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha” (v. 17)— God had sent a very large host army of Angels to protect Elisia and his company. (Psalm 91:11-12) then read this, it says, “He will command his angels concerning "you" to guard you in all your ways.” Today, no matter what we’re going through, we can be assured that God loves and cares for us and will provide the help we need. Personaly I have experienced God's guardian angel. In short, I had gone to Kigali Rwand in Africa, to pick up supplies for our growing Tayloring School, after getting on the bus very late burdened with supplies I arrived home well after the darkness had fallen.. And not realizing the power was out in city of Nagatary, I stepped off the bus and as the bus pulled away, the pitch blackness surrounded me and I could see nothing. Well, I shouldered my burden, with my hands full, I had an ironing boiard under one arm ad a big bag of items in the other, I figured I would head towards the approach that would lead me towards our home. I figured I had reached the turn, so I turned and took a step in the direction of our home, and not realizing I was a few yards short of the trun, I tripped over a cement culvert into a 4 foot ditch, as I landed in the bottom lnocked sensless, I felt these arms come around me, lifting me to my feet, carrying me uop the imbakment and sitting me on the edge of the ditch, and then it was gone. I was left on my own, in wonderment of what just had happened. I figure God had sent His guardian angel to help me and protect me. After getting my barrings, I realized my glasses were gone, figuring I would never find them, I waited for our house boy to come with a flash ligth, and with his help we found them, a little bent but still usable. Praise God. The Authour of the book of Hebrews says angels are “ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation” (Hebrews 1:14).I love it how the verses highlight how good and great greatness Jesus is plus he emphasizes how wonderful the angels are, being glorious beings created to further the Kingdom of God in watching over us and protecting us. It says, Jesus sustains “all things by his powerful word” (v. 3). WE need to stop and realize, we are not alone, that all around us is the reality of a spiritual realm God has created by sending angels to assist those who have gladly received the good news of Jesus. At times I have nights that are long and I cannot sleep, my mind is trying to figure out the next day, some nights I wonder if I will be able to keep going or not, it just seems like there is too much to do. But then the spirit of God always nudges me towards prayer and He helps me find peace and I will in a short time drift off into a peaceful sleep. The first time, I experienced falling asleep while praying, was so great, it was the beginning of me taking a hold of the fact, that God would never leave me alone, but He would be with me, and I had guardian angels watching over me and taking care of the next day, while I got the rest I needed through the night. I encourage you tody, to stop and think about it, when has God sent you unexpected help, that you cannot explain. Have you intertained angels unaware? Maybe God could use you, in a miraculous way today to help someone else, no, your not an angel, but because of Gods pritection and help, you can help someone else today. Who might that be? Father God, I praise You today, you are a loving and caring God who watches over us and protects us as we call out to you, and ask you to walk with us. You like to hear that we know we need You and cannot do it on our own. Father I now You sustain all things, so that one day, when I reach heavens door/gate I’ll be able to praise You forever and ever and ever, for all of eternity. Eternity is the fact that time goes on and on, without end. AMEN

Comments