His Mercies, New Every Morning
The Weeping Prophet
(Lamentations 3:17-31)
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him. Lamentations 3:25
"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.”The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:22-26
Jeremiah known often as the weeping prophet, because many times we read of his laments in the book of Lamentations On todays scripture” (Lamentations 3:17-31), he’s grieving over the city of Jerusalem, which has been overcome and captured by the Babylonians. Jerimiah is seeing a city beaten down and defeated, yet he finds hope in the faithful God whose mercies are “new every morning” (v. 23). I have found that even when I am down and depressed, I will grasp at straws to find just a glimmer of HOPE, and then I call out to God,, and He is there, with even more than a glimmer. He is there with an answer and a handful of Hope that with grow aa I walk in the light of the Lord.
Jeremiah is known as the "weeping prophet" because he deeply grieved and lamented the sins of the people of the Lord and the coming destruction of the Isrealite nation. Judah,would be under the seige of the Babylonians. Jerimiah was called by God as a young man from the village of Anathoth, in that call he was ommanded by God not to marry or start a family as a sign of the things God was calling him to do. God knew that he would face intense rejection, mockery, imprisonment, and plots against his life by his own people. God knew he would experienced deep grief over the spiritual rebellion and stubbornness of Judah.
As he wrote book of Lamentations, it was a profound expression of the sorrow he experienced, over the destruction of Jerusalem. He was so grieved that his eyes became a "fountain of tears" he wept day and night for those who lost their lives in the siege. Yet in his message there was a message of hope,promising a future restoration back to God. He prophecied that there would be a New Covenant where God's law would be written on the hearts of the people rather than just on stone tablets.
In Lamentations, the prophet Jeremiah grieved over the plight of his people, who had turned from God and were exiled to Babylon: “I remember my affliction and my wandering, the bitterness and the gall . . . and my soul is downcast within me” (Lamentations 3:19-20). Friends,like Jeremiah, we too can find hope in God: “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (vv. 22-23). We like the Israelites can get a fresh start. If only we would turn to God, we would find true, everlasting HOPE.
Friends, are any of you seeking a new hope? Well, God is inviting you to hope in through making the personal decission to follow Him.
You can pray to Him and He will listen, just say, Dear God, Heavenly Father, thank You for offering me HOPE, and a fresh beginning, I want that hew hope today, please come into my life and renew my relationship with You. I want to find this new refreshing hope you are offering, please come into my life and lead me into green pastures.. It is in your name I pray AMEN.
Comments
Post a Comment