God's Breath Came

And Until It Leaves "And the Lord God formed man of the hdust of the ground, and ibreathed into his jnostrils the breath of life; and kman became a living being". Genesis 2:7 So what this comes down to, is the fact that man, woman and child are all dirt. If adam was made from dirt/dust, and eve came from the rib of Adam, and all of us decended from the bowls of Adam and Eve, then the human race is on the wide sceme of things from the very begining were simply dirt. Asculpture of clay formed into a body. But there is a but here. It is true humanity was formed from the earth or ground (v. 7) and so is intimately connected to it. This is somerthing about this world, that attracts us, and even though we may be ready to go to heaven, we really don't want to leave earth. Our desire or conection to heaven is also strong, because we have been give a unique relationship to God, who gave to us the breath of life and the desire to live. “the breath of life” (v. 7). As I breathe this morning I am reminderd that each breath is a part of the original breath God gave to Adam at the time when he became a living soul. We live each day, in the gift of God as we live and breathe in this physical life. Lets look at a few verses that tell us this important fact about us. The main verse on this subject is iur verse for the day, Geneseis 2:7 where it first tells us, God forming man from the dust and breathing life into him is Genesis 2:7, but as I like to do, I like to back up scripture with scripture. There are other writes in the bible that tell us the same thing. That there is a connection between, dust, breath, and life. - Job 33:4 – says this - "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." This verse deffinantly refers to the creation in Genesis 2:7 the fact that our lives are given to us and we are kept breathing by God as His personal breath/spirit) continues to flow through us day after day, and it will continue to do so, until the day we die and thar breath is taken from us. - Job 34:14-15 – If He should set His heart on it, If He should gather to Himself His Spirit and His breath,All flesh would perish together, And man would return to dust. And then in "Genesis 3:19 it says this "For dust you are and to dust you will return." This very plainly tells us that our bisies will return to the dust after we die and are buried. - Psalm 104:29-30 – You hide Your face, they are troubled; You take away their breath, they die and return to their dust. You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth. I don't know about you, but when I get the wind/breath, knocked out of me, I am gasping for air, fighting to continue breathing, our bodies do not want to be without the air we breathe to continue living. We were made from the dust of the earth by God, and then He sent forth His breath and our bodies became not only created but also became a living and moving body that began moving and doing things on the earth as God allowed. "Ecclesiastes 12:7 – "And the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." This verse tells me this life of mine is in the hands our our creator God. For once He takes His breath back, our body stops living and is buried in the ground and this verse says we return to dust, and that dust returns to the ground and it is very clear our spirit returns into the hands of the Almighty God, and we are back in His domain. And the creator can do as He pleases with what He has made and has collected back to Himself. Isaiah 45:9-12: Woe to him who strives with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth! Shall the clay say to him who forms it, ‘What are you making?’ Or shall your handiwork say, ‘He has no hands’? Woe to him who says to his father, ‘What are you begetting?’ Or to the woman, ‘What have you brought forth? Thus says the Lord, The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker:“Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons; And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me. I have made the earth, And created man on it.I—My hands—stretched out the heavens, And all their host I have commanded. Jerimiah 18:1-6: The Potter and the Clay - "The word that came to Jeremiah from the Lord: “Arise, and go down to the potter's house, and there I will let you hear[a] my words.” So I went down to the potter's house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter's hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do. Then the word of the Lord came to me: “O house of Israel, can I not do with you as this potter has done? declares the Lord. Behold, like the clay in the potter's hand, so are you in my hand, O house of Israel. So in conclusion, whether we like it or not God is in control, I live and breathe as God gives me the liberty to do so. When my time is up and God has taken back the breath He gave me, my time here on earth is finished. But in that life God has given me, He has also given me liberty to choose, whether I spend eternity with Him in heaven, or if He will say to me, depart from me, I never knew you. So our time may be short, if we habve not made that choice to have a personal relationship with Jesus, today is a good day to do so, because tomorrw may bnot come for us, our life may be required of us by God today. The bible tells us, today is the excepted time, today is the day of salvation Read (2 Corinthians 6:2) Today is the accepted time for salvation. Also tomorrow may be to late. Read (James 4:13-17) Lord, thank you, that when I asked you to come into my life, you did, your salvation was mine for the asking. Lord help me to remember always each day on this earth is another day, you have given me opportunity to live here on the earth where you sent me, to live for you. Today, O place my life int oyur hands, and may you mold me and make me into a vessel to your service.. I thank you, in Jesus name I pray, AMEN

Comments