CHRIST IS IN ME

ARE PEOPLE ABLE TO SEE HIM (Romans 3:10-20) “Unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed,” Jesus said. “But if it dies, it produces many seeds” (John 12:24) Jesus spoke these words as He was on His way to the cross to be killed. This lesson was learned by Paul, as he wrote to people who were trying to get to heaven by keeping the law. One must swallow his/her pride and die to self, and not try a keep the law in our own power. Because trying to obey the law and earn our salvation was a huge danger in not making the right turn at the crossroads. In Romans 3:10-20, here it is very clear, that the law does not and cannot save us. But rather it is a catlyst in showing us our sin He tells us that “apart from the law [that] the righteousness of God has been made known” (v. 21). The law helps us understan how our sin has separated us from God, but it does not save us, but rather draws us towards God to the place where we see that “This righteousness (Paul speaks of) is given through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe” (v. 22). Paul continues with these words: “Our old self was crucified with him . . . that we should no longer be slaves to sin” (6:6). Because “Christ [lived]”in him, and if we have made the decission to follow Christ He now lives in us. (Galatians 2:20),and because of that decission to follow Christ and have a personal relationship with Him, we now have the power of the Holy Spirit dwelling within us, sp that we can now live a life honoring to God, and to share our testimonies in such a way that we will draw others to Christ by the way we live and by the way we speak And still today, if we will only surrender to the Spirit of Christ within us, others will see Christ in us and want what Jesus has given us. What does this look like? Can I say with Paul,"for me to live is Christ and to die is gain? (Philippians 1:21) To get the full picture read (verses 1-21) If you were to draw a picture of yourself, with your physical features, and mixed them with your version of what you thought Jesus might have looked like, what would you look like? I don't want to put any ideas of what I think or what others think, we need to ask ourselves, what should I look like with Christ in me? He painted himself with long, wavy hair, a beard, and eyes that seemed to convey a sense of divine purpose. If we are living with Christ in us, and we want to live a life that would allow people to see Jesus in us, what does that really look like? Because if I truly know Christ,this is my desire as well. To do and say, as Paul did, that for me to live is Christ! When I confessed believing in Him and accepting His death and resurrection as to why I choose to have a relationship with God, then it also means that I should now live for Jesus—not for myself.. (I know that many, many times I have failed in this, and I have to confess my selfishness to God, so I can continue in a good relationship with Him and before others. Galatians 2:19). We live for Him, and He lives in us and works through us. The apostle Paul said this about his spiritual transformation: “I no longer live, but Christ lives in me” (v. 20). My prayer is that the glory of Christ shine through me a,fd you in our lives today so others will see Him in us. I don't know about you, but when I sense and know that Jesus is doing something in me and through me to make Jesus known it feels really good. So I ask myself and I poss the question to you as well, what is keeping this from happening in our lives at this time? I know that this has been and at times continues to be a challenge, because the enemy throws life at us and uses it as a stumblong block to keep us from fulfilling the great commission, in (Matthew 28:18-20) I believe that each one of us who call themselves a disciple of Christ, is called into the Great Commossion. We are to live and speak "Christ" before the world we live in. Father God, forgive me, for those times I have failed and missed your prompting, to fulfill the great commission. Also thank you, for having a back up plan, where maybe someone else has stepped in, and the person I missed was drwn in because of what you did. Lord help me to be obedient and to follow your lead in every situation you draw me into, that I might be a good example of who you are.Lord, if I am going to be a bad representation of You, please stop me.. Because I do not just want to live to satisfy my own desires, but I desire to have your desires at heart. Lord, help me to surrender to Your Spirit so others will see Christ in me. You know this is now my desire, thank you Lord, for ingraining that desire in me. In Your Name I Pray AMEN

Comments