I AM The Alpha and The Omega
Both The Beginning And The End
(2 Choronicales 20: 1-20)
Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him.""You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and seex the deliverance the Lord will give you, Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you." (2 Choronicales 20:3,4,17)
King Jehoshaphat here in Chorinicales goes to God in prayer, withhis concerns anout the army coming down against him.But along with that wosdom, he is trusting God for the answer to come to solve the problem with this on coming assult.(2 Chronicles 20:5-12).He was using wisdom and God responded with, “I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. He goes on to say, My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please" (Isaiah 46:10). My friends we will face challenges in our life time, but be assured if you have recieved Christ and invited Him in as the leader in your life, you have made the most important decission in your life and it does not matter what challenges we will face, we know the one who knows the beginning from the end, because He is ALPHS AND OMEGA, THE BEGINNING AND THE END. He can be trusted to provide the help we need, in each and every trial we face.
Have you ever felt like you were between a rock and a hard place, with very little if any wiggle room? Well first, I encourage you o take it to the Lord in prayer asking Him for guidance as you seek space to actually move again. God is in the busness of giving comfort when we are in hard places. He will give peace and assurance that our fears will be delt with in His time. He will guide us and show us the next step on our path.
In our story today, King Jehoshaphat got wind of the fact there was a powerful enemy coming to fight against Jerusalem, I like it, that His first responce was to take it to the Lord in prayer. He called out to God for guidance acknowledging God’s sovereignty. He acknowledged that he was unable to do it in his own strength. He said,“We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you” (2 Chronicles 20:12). In doing this first, Hhe place himself and his people into the almighty hands of God.(v. 18).
As God has a reputation of doing, He answered the Kings prayer. The prophet Jahaziel told the King and the people, “Do not be afraid or discouraged . . . . For the battle is not yours, but God’s” (v. 15). God commanded them ot march out against the on coming battle, and to trust Him with the result. This they did, marching in faith against their foe, as the ywent they praised God trusting the prayer was already answered (vv. 20-21)as they did so, they found out the battle had already been won.. (v. 24).
I pray for all of my friends, that whenever we/you face difficult time that we will turn first to our God, who is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, who has all wisdom and all power to fight every battle we face. The Battle Belongs To The Lord. We have the victory in HIM. As we pray and look to God for help, the victory is ours. I'm not saying we will see victory every time, because there are always cercumstances and situations and conditions that will be wieghed in the wisdom of God making the decission, in answering the prayer of His people. But let me encourage you to always call out to Him, and place yourself and your family or those you are working with into His hands, because with God, whatever happens will be better than thrusting yourself in your own strength into the uncoming arms of the enemy. With going to God, we do not need to be afraid, because the battle is His and He will fight for us, that is sure, winning or loosing depends on your walk with Him and His wise decission as to what is best for you at the time. If loosing the battle will help you learn more in the long run, you likely will not win, and you will have to accept the fact, built on your trust, that all things work out for the good to those who are called according to His name Romans 8:28)
Lord Jesus, difficulties will come my way, and I will have to face them, please help me not to face them alone, but that I would call out to You for your wisdom in handling it. Help me us this as my first defence, rather than trying it on my own first. My chances of winning are far greater when I ask for your guidance in the first place. Lord, today, I submit any troubles that may come into Your hands, I know you are holding me, and I can trust you, with whatever may come. Mighty God, I lay doen my head and I rest in your presence trusting you for y=the outcome of my day. Please hold me and help me trust in You, knowing that the battle belongs to you, you know my path from beginning to the end. He hold me in your hands.. It is in your name I pray AMEN.
Comments
Post a Comment